TNEA 2016 Eligibility Criteria General Candidates
Candidates satisfying the eligibility conditions given below as on the last date of submission of application are eligible to apply. Passing the qualifying examination after the last date of submission of application shall not be considered.
- Tamil Nadu candidates who have passed VIII, IX, X, XI and XII St in Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply. They need not enclose Nativity Certificate.
- Tamil Nadu native candidates who have passed any of the VIII, IX, X, XI and XII or their equivalent examination from schools situated outside Tamil Nadu can also apply. They should enclose a copy of Nativity Certificate only in electronic form/digitally signed e-Certificate.
- Children of Central Government Employees may also apply for admission, irrespective of their native, provided their parents or guardians (only if both parents are not alive) have been serving in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past FIVE YEARS at the time of submission of application, which should be supported by enclosing a certificate from the employer of the parent or guardian, to that e
- Sons and daughters of All India service Tamil Nadu cadre officers are eligible to apply.
- Children of employees in Public Sector or Government recognised Institutions who at the time of submission of application for admission employed in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past five years may also apply irrespective of their domicil A certificate from the employer has to be enclosed along with the application stating that the person is a Permanent Employee of the Firm or Institution concerned with evidence like Income Tax return, PF Slips, etc. and is working in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past FIVE YEARS.
- Other State candidates who have studied VIII, IX, X, XI and XII St in Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply. They need not enclose “Nativity Certificate”.
- Applications without proper Nativity Certificate for Category (ii) and without proper employer certificate for categories (iii) and (v) will not be considere
- Tamil Nadu native candidates alone will be considered for communal reservati Others will be considered under “Open Competition”.
TNEA 2016 Eligibility Srilankan Tamil Refugee
As per G.O. (St) No. 172 Higher Education (J2) Dept. dated: 29.06.2010 candidates who are Srilankan Tamil Refugee studied in Tamil Nadu will be considered under open competition. They have to enclose the following:
- Identification certificate from the Head Quarters Tahsildar.
- Those who have not registered in the refugee camp should submit a copy of passport, visa and letter registered with Police Statio
Qualifying Examinations and Eligibility
A pass in the HSC (Academic) or its equivalent with a minimum average percentage in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together as given below.
|Community||A Pass with Minimum average marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together|
|General Category||50.00 %|
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslim||45.00 %|
|MBC & DNC||40.00 %|
A pass in any one of the HSC (Vocational Subject) as given below with any one of the Engineering related subjects namely Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry with a minimum average percentage put together as given below.
|Community||A Pass with Minimum average marks in Related Subjects, Vocational Theory and Practicals put together|
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslim ( BC / BCM )||45%|
|MBC & DNC||40%|
Vocational Courses prescribed for B.E. / B. Tech. Degree Admission
|Group Code||Name of the Vocational Subjects|
|422||Electrical Machines and Appliances|
Improvement marks: As per the G.O. 184 HE (J2) Dept. dt: 09.06.2005 and
G.O. (st) No. 143 HE (J2) Dept. dt: 06.05.2008 improvement marks obtained by the candidates including Other State candidates from 2006 onwards will not be considered.
TNEA 2016 Eligibility Marine Engineering Branch
The Director General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping, Government of India, vide Notification No. II. TR (21) 97 dated: 03.10.2002 have issued notification stating that, for Marine Engineering Degree Programme the candidate should pass in 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics (P), Chemistry (C), Mathematics (M) and English as separate subject with an average of not less than 60 % in PCM. Further a minimum of 50 % in English either at 10th or 12th standard is required for all the candidates.
- Maximum age limit 25 year
- Minimum Height 157 cm.
- Minimum Weight 48 kg.
- Normal Colour vision
Before selecting the course the candidate shall ensure that they are medically fit for the course.
The candidates will be admitted only on production of physical fitness certificate obtained from the Medical Officer authorised by the Director General of Shipping, failing which they will lose the admission.
TNEA 2016 Eligibility for Mining Engineering Branch
Note to Female candidate opting for Mining Engineering course.
- As per Mines Act 1952, 46 (1) no woman shall, notwithstanding anything contained in any other law, be employed – in any part of a mine which is below ground;
- in any mine above ground except between the hours of 6 A.M. and 7 M.
- As per Coal Mines Regulation 1957, 86 (2) no adolescent or women shall descent or ascend a shaft in a cage or other means of conveyance unless accompanied by one or more adult mal
- They should satisfy the academic norms of Anna University.
You can download the entire copy from – Download Full Eligibility Document ( PDF )